Hate having to apply eyeliner on a daily basis? Are you struggling to apply your eyeliner precisely? Fighting to get that perfect cat eye look?
This is where an eyeliner tattoo comes in. With this completely customised process you can wake up with eyeliner ready for the day. Eyeliner tattoos (you may know it as permanent eyeliner or cosmetic tattooing) isn’t really permanent. It’s more semi-permanent but considered permanent as the pigment will remain in the skin forever, but it will fade.
The eyeliner tattoo should last at least one year. But for some it can last for two to three years as everyone’s skin holds pigment differently. But within two to three years the pigment should have faded almost completely.
There are many different tools, techniques and digital tips we use to perform eyeliner tattoos. This means our artist can make the eyeliner look exactly how you want it. By taking into account your facial features to determine the perfect size and shape we can get it perfect for you.
There are different ways of having an eyeliner tattoo.
- The lash line enhancement, adding pigment between your layers of eyelashes, gives you a darkened lash line creating a subtle lash enhancement with a thin, natural look and can also be applied to the bottom eyelid.
- The eyeliner – Pigment is added to above the lash line to give you that liquid eyeliner look however thick or thin you choose it to be. Again this can be done on both top and bottom eyelids.
- The shaded eyeliner – This is an advanced eyeliner tattoo technique which creates a smokey eye look with soft edges.
The tattooing process
- First our artist will clean and prepare the area.
- Next our artist inserts micro-droplets of coloured pigments under the skin using a needle.
- Finally we will add a thin coat of eye ointment to promote optimal healing.
The whole process can take anywhere between one hour to three hours depending on the look you’re wanting but it rarely takes longer than two hours.
The healing process depends on what you have. With the tight line look it should take anything between three and seven days of aftercare. With the eyeliner look, depending on how thick you have it the aftercare can be anything between seven and ten days. But it will be around three weeks before the eyeliner tattoo fully heals.
You can go about you daily life as soon as the procedure is finished. You just need to avoid wearing makeup, touching or rubbing your eyes, sun exposure, sweating (saunas, gyms, workouts etc), avoid swimming pools or long showers as the steam can effect the eyeliner and avoid contact lenses during the aftercare period. As the eyeliner is healing it may scab over. Do not pick or scratch as this can cause the pigment to peel off.
Eyeliner tattoos have many benefits and can be a game changer for some people such as those with sensitive skin, allergies to makeup, those living in hot or humid climates, people with vision issues or dexterity issues such as Arthritis or Parkinson.
No more applying eyeliner on a daily basis. No more struggling to apply your eyeliner precisely. No more fighting to get that perfect look.